Rabbi Ozer Glickman
- Economics: Stock Market
- Economics: The Recession
- Jewish Law: General Jewish Law
- Jewish Law: Jewish Civil Law
- Jewish Life: Marriage and Divorce
- Jewish Life: Prayer
- Jewish Philosophy: General Jewish Philosophy
- Jewish Philosophy: Modern Orthodoxy
- Jewish Philosophy: Prayer
- Jewish Philosophy: Rambam
- Talmud: Talmudical Analysis
Rabbi Ozer Glickman is a rosh yeshiva at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary of Yeshiva University, where he has been teaching Talmud and halakha to semikha students since 2000. He has also taught Halakha and American legal theory at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and is affiliated with its Program in Jewish Law and Interdisciplinary Studies.
Rabbi Glickman is former senior vice president of strategic risk management and global head of corporate treasury for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, and is an expert in investment risk management.
Rabbi Glickman’s talmidim have remained extremely devoted to him and to spreading his words of Torah long after graduation. These students publish a weekly sicha from Rabbi Glickman, which is available by e-mail and on yutorah.org.
Rabbi Glickman received his BA in philosophy from Columbia University and has pursued graduate studies in philosophy and religion at the University of Toronto. He also holds an MBA in finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University, where he was a University Fellow.
Rabbi Glickman studied at Yeshivat Merkaz ha-Rav and received rabbinic ordination from RIETS, as well as from leading rabbinic figures in Israel and the Diaspora.
In addition to his academic and financial pursuits, Rabbi Glickman commits himself to service to the Jewish community. He is chairman of the educational advisory committee of Yeshivat Yesodei HaTorah in Israel. Rabbi Glickman has lectured widely on topics ranging from personal finance to Jewish philosophy and the laws of Shabbat.
- What happened to God in Modern Orthodoxy?
- Can Spirituality co-exist with Personal Ambition in a Materialist Society?
- Lessons for Jewish Leadership from the Global Economic Crisis
- History, Philosophy, or Fantasy: Unpacking Midrashei Aggadah
- Recalcitrant Husbands, Abusive Wives, and the Halachos of Divorce: A Report from the Front Lines
- Halachic Riddles and Enigmas in the Halachos of [Kiddush, Tefillah, Shabbos, or any other Orach Chayim topic]
- The Jurisprudence of Nezikin: The Inner Philosophy of Jewish Civil Law
- The Jurisprudence of Rambam
- Empiricism vs Conceptualism
- Midrashic Background of Piyutim
- Jewish Education after this Economic Crisis
- The Role of Empirical Fact in the Halachik Process: A case study using the construct of American legal theory to explain fundamental differences in Jewish Law
- What our Children are Learning in College and how we Should Respond
- Is Jewish Law about Received Tradition or Legal Reasoning? Gemara versus Sevara in the Halakhic Process